Piccolo Law Offices is a solo law firm practicing in the areas of employment law, civil rights, and constitutional law. Matthew Piccolo is the owner and only attorney at the firm.
You will help the attorney with administrative and legal support. The position will be part-time (1-2 hours per day) with the possibility of more hours in the future. You can likely work mostly from home but will also need to travel to my office, the courts, and other locations. You will need to work each day, but the timeframe in which you work during the day is flexible.
This position would be good for someone who needs a smaller number of flexible hours, such as a stay-at-home parent or retired person. It may also be beneficial to a candidate who wants to gain experience with the legal process. I am hoping to find someone who plans to work on a longer-term basis.
- Respond to potential clients and screen cases
- Run errands (courts, bank, post office, etc.)
- Manage client files and other documents
- Format and draft legal documents
- Manage billing and financial records
- Communicate with clients and others
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- Legal experience is not required but is a plus
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in writing (punctuation/grammar), reviewing documents, and all other duties
- Proficient with technology, including Internet, Word, and (preferably) Excel
- Effective at communicating with others in a friendly, professional manner
- Personable, eager to learn and help, positive attitude
- Must live in, or be available in, the vicinity of the office
Pay and Benefits
- $10.00-$15.00/hour, depending on skills and experience, with possible pay increases based on performance
- No health insurance or other benefits
How to Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should answer the following questions, along with any other information you’d like to provide:
- Why do you want this position?
- Why are you qualified for this position?
- Which attribute best describes a person who will succeed in this position?
A writing sample is not required, but if you have one feel free to submit it.
Candidates selected for an interview will need to perform an evaluation to assess their ability to perform the skills required for the position. Feel free to send an e-mail with any questions before applying. The position was posted on 9/17/2018 and will remain open until filled.